Saturday, September 25, 2010

Carol's Favorite Things******Second Post

I think every woman has to learn through the years what works and what doesn't for her and her home. I have things that I just so fall in love with. I want to share these items with you all and see if you have used them and if you love them as much as I do or would you consider using them. I am not getting compensated in anyway for this. These are things that work, or perform well out of a sea of others that I have used and been disappointed in. So without further delay here we go.......drum roll.........


1. My Microplanes!


I use these almost daily. I use them for lemon zest, orange zest, grating Parmesan cheese. They work great for grating ginger and nutmeg. I think they are a wonderful, inexpensive tool that brings a lot of possibilities to a cooks kitchen.

They can be found almost anywhere I just ordered some recently for a gift. I ordered them through Amazon.

A few different sizes placed in a basket with fresh french bread, a bottle of good Olive Oil, a few types of pasta, and a bottle of wine makes a wonderful housewarming gift.

They come in all different sizes as well as textures, medium grate, fine etc. They also have a killer box grater as well. They are most definitely one of my favorite things.

Next........

2. Lysol Wipes or Clorox Wipes


These are a must have for me.

I keep them under both bathroom sinks and under the kitchen sink as well. I'm pretty sure one container lives in my car too!

The room might have been just cleaned, but having grandchildren in and out of the house, touch ups are needed.
These make it so convenient to wipe up any mess on the counter, sticky soap, etc. and you know they have been disinfected as well.

If someone in your home is sick these are great to run over remotes, the telephone, or the computer key pad. Any frequently touched surface.

I wipe soda cans or any can before I open it ...you never know who has touched that can and what they had! Know what I mean?

They are one of my must must haves!

Both are very good and here at my supermarket they often put 2 for 1 sales on this product.

In the world we live in, I feel it is good to be prepared.

The Hubz says I should own stock in these. I am always buying extra and giving them away because I am so over the moon about them. My daughter is an RN and she swears by them too!

3. bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara

I have high standards with mascara. This product is doing it for me. I'm on my second tube. It goes on smooth and I think my eyelashes are fuller than they were.

I order mine through QVC at www.qvc.com and they have a package with two for a reasonable price.

You could keep one and put the other in a gift bag for your girlfriend along with some other goodies. Now who wouldn't like that.

I think you get two tubes for under 30 dollars there.

But they can be found at other high end Beauty Stores or on www.bareminerals.com also.

What a great stocking stuffer for your daughter or sister.

4. Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 body wash


You guys know I live in Florida. The sun,sand, salt water, chlorine...it all does a number on your skin.

I like this product. It isn't greasy and you can find it at Target. My skin on my legs didn't seem as dry as it was when I was using another product and it lathers well enough to shave with it also.

I think it will be nice for the dry skin in winter as well.

Nice clean scent.

Check it Out!

So I hope you will try a few of these and let me know how you like them. Or if you are currently using any of these let me know what you use them for and if you are as crazy about them as I am.



OK....until next time....these are some of my absolute favorites.

Carol-the gardener

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love posts like this! I love microplanes, I like the idea of using them in a gift basket!

    I've never tried the mascara, but I do like the makeup!



    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use the Clorox wipes everywhere, too. I hate mascara. I just won't wear it. I am scared to try anything Oil of Olay. I used their soap about ten years ago. I loved the smell of it. This curious thing happened. My eyelids broke out in a rash. Just my eyelids. I threw out all of my make-up. Bought new. Still the rash. I tossed all of that and changed brands. Still the rash. Finally someone asked me if I had changed soaps since this all started and then I realized that I had... to the Oil of Olay. I tossed that out and switched over to something else. Irish spring, I think. Within a week the rash was gone. I really wished I hadn't thrown out all of that make-up. It was Clinique and expensive. The replacement stuff was off the shelf and I didn't like it. So, it got pitched and I ended up rebuying all of my Clinique. It was a very expensive bar of soap...that Oil of Olay!!!! I have been hesitant to try ANY of their other products after that fiasco. I love Dove products, however. Dove shampoo/conditioner is the best non-salon shampoo/conditioner out there. Their soap is awesome too. I also really like their lotion. And my eyelids are rash-free...lol. However, I can see that the kitchen stuff would make a really nice gift. Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know that bare minerals had a mascara!

    ReplyDelete