Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bruce Springsteen / My City Of Ruin (9-11 Tribute) NYC

Really no words are needed.  Remembering.  Believing.  Sorrow.  Bravery.  Disbelief.  Heroes.  Love.



I know it's sad.  It is important to remember though.  The Hubz put our flag out early this morning.

I remember where I was.   I remember exactly what I was doing. We were remodeling our kitchen.  I could not believe what my eyes were seeing.  I called him to come be with me, hoping he could tell me that it wasn't as bad as I thought. It was.  We sat there in silence.  I remember feeling sad for months.  It was horrific.  It shook our sense of security in America. 

If you have a flag fly it high today.  We are going to a funeral this afternoon.  It's going to be a somber day all the way around.

Do you remember where you were?  How did you feel at the time?

Carol-the gardener

2 comments:

  1. from what i remember he wrote this after he saw what had happened... he lives across the bridge and he saw the towers burning...for my view i posted it on the follow friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... 'Tears In Heaven' is the song to start playing on your music player...

    For being a guy, I still get so teared up when I see the family members reading the names of their loved, lost ones.

    It really doesn't matter if we are Democrat or Republican, those responsible for this act nine years ago don't care for either political party... and still harbor great hatred for our country...

    I hope we never forget...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete