Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rainy days and Mondays.

The song lyrics are Rainy days and Mondays always get me down...but that isn't true, for me anyway. I love a good rainy day. Especially when that rainy day is also a Sunday. Something just too cool about hearing the sound of the rain on the roof in the morning. Makes the sheets feel a little cooler in the summer heat. Makes you want to snuggle up and sleep an extra little while.

I love to cook. I really love to cook on a rainy day. Something comforting about a big roast, or pot of soup, or a cake in the oven. Only thing that tops a rainy day for cooking is a cold rainy day. I'll have to wait a while on the cold, but rainy I got!

The Hubz has his Cardiac stress test scheduled in the morning (Monday). So what do I do today? Bake him a cake! I know, I know, not the best thing to do..but he really wanted one and i just can't seem to ever be able to say no to him. So the smell of vanilla is wafting through the house. I hear the tap tap tapping of the rain on the window pane. Bringing back sweet memories!

I love a rainy night!

No comments:

Post a Comment