OK, so, my friend Robin at http://yourdailydose-robin.blogspot.com/ tagged me today on these 8 questions. These really made me think. Nothing like opening up your core beliefs to the world. Not quite like sharing an image is it?
1. We all dance with the seven sins from time to time. Which of the seven sins do you dance with most frequently, and why? They are wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony.
My Dad used to say, "People either have their Price or their Pride." So, I guess with that being said I would have to say pride. I do live by my set beliefs and try my best to live the best life I can each day. I don't mean in a Prideful haughty way...just true. Second would have to be sloth. I have days that I just don't get a whole heck of a lot done. I want to..mentally...but just can't bring myself to do it. This drives me crazy! Before my accident (car) I was such a, "get it done" person. Now, I just can't bring my self to do it. I told my doctor one day that my brain writes checks my body just can't cash. And that pretty much sums up how I feel. Mental hell sometimes.
2. If you could live for a week in the body of someone famous, who would it be? You would still be you, but you could access their need to know info as you needed to know it. Of course, the kicker is that they would live in your body and have the same privileges
OK, this one is easy for me...I'd have to choose Oprah. I mean, I could hire anyone for entertainment, fly anywhere I wanted to....most of her friends, I like...who wouldn't want to hang out with Bono or Nate? Stedman isn't bad looking and Gayle is funny. She enjoys a good meal..as I do. Loves a good bath...as I do and she is a very smart woman. She has a spiritual side to her which is important to me, I wouldn't want to live as someone who didn't. For the most part, I believe she is healthy and well and that would be a hallelujah moment for me right there. How bad could being Oprah be for a week, really?
3. Do you believe that angels walk among us? That there are true psychics, mediums, or anyone who is more connected to God than the average person?
I do think angels walk among us. I know they do. I've had an experience in my life I am sure angels were present. Maybe one day I'll share. I think some people have psychic gifts that are no doubt from a higher power, some from God and some from other powers but I don't feel they are anymore closer to God than the average person, they have just been given that particular gift. My husband swears I have ESP...now I'm wondering. I can have something or someone pressing on my mind and usually within 48 hours it will show itself. I have written about this some in the past. Blessing and curse.
4) Have you ever dreamt about a future event that happened, a past event that happened when you were but a very young child, or anything that was just so real, but otherworldly, that you felt its truth in your soul? If so, I'm listening.
Yes, I have, although the dreams are jumbled up together. They skip from past to present to future all during one dream. I have very emotional dreams. Just this morning I woke up crying. My Dad, his spirit, has visited me in my dreams several times since he passed away 28 years ago. I can't explain it to you except to say I know it is him, and isn't a memory it is a visit. He usually is checking in on me to see if I'm alright and doesn't stay too long. The first time he was reassuring me he was OK. Now, I know some people will not believe this but it is true.
5) Do you feel like you have a gift that you aren't using? It could be for anything. Design, writing, art, photography, decoration. The list is endless.
Oh yes! I paint in oils. I took private art lessons all my life and I do love it. However, right now I'm in so much pain I'm literally typing to you in a robe. So many days I don't feel like getting the canvas out, the paints or the brushes. However, I have all these images in my head for beautiful paintings. I see things as if they are paintings, they should be a painting. Most days I feel guilty and hope that one day I will wake with the strength to press on.
6) Is there someone that you are unwilling to forgive? Is it weighing on your heart? Eating you up on the inside? This is a yes or no. If it is yes, I hope you make the choice today to want to forgive and then let it go. Throw out your desire into the universe.
I can't forgive my oldest son. He has a son who is twelve, yet he has not been part of his life. I sacrificed so much to bring up my children to always stick with family and gave up dreams to be there for my children. Worked jobs I never thought I would, much less love or like the job, to support them. It hurts me to see my Grandson have so many questions about his Dad. I wondered for years where I failed, now I have come to terms with the fact I didn't fail...he did. He has chosen the life he is leading and it is very very sad for me. I miss the son I had. I've tried to find him but he is no longer there. I can't forgive him because I know how it has hurt my Grandson. Everyone has choices in life. I had hoped he would make better ones. I continue to hope and pray for a miracle so that both of them can be happy.
7) If we were able to take away or add one element into the heart of each and every man, which one would be the one that would make the most difference in making this world a better place to live?
Compassion. Most people in general are just not compassionate anymore. I feel most people are very selfish and I'm just sick of it. If we all just thought to ourselves, maybe this person has their own set of problems...the world would be better off. Seriously...I'm just sayin.
8) What is the last movie you saw at the movie theatre? Using the five star system, how would you rate it?
Twilight..the Eclipse. I saw this because my oldest Grandson was just dying for me to see it. He was here with us for a month so we just had to rent the other two to catch ole' MeMe up and then we were off to the movies. I loved so much he wanted to do this with me..I didn't have the heart to be honest with him. I said for his benefit of wanting to connect with me on his level it was good....What I really thought was .... how long can this ridiculous crap last! I wouldn't give it a star. Yeah, that bad.
So, I hope I did OK. Thanks for thinking of me Robin. I absolutely loved your Thursday here's to you. I'm new to this whole blogging thing but I am beginning to see how kindred souls find each other. I haven't been doing this long enough to know any of you very well so I just chose some blogs I read each time you post.
So, if I understand how this goes...I am to find eight people and eight questions of my own. So here goes....
1. What do you think was the most important lesson your parents taught you?
2. Do you think you can be in love with more than one person?
3. What is your favorite kind of music? Who is your favorite singer?
4. What is your favorite memory of your Grandparents?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
6. What is your favorite color?
7. Why did you start blogging?
8. What is your favorite meal?
So...tag you all are it!!!!!
Hope you all have a great weekend. Godspeed.
Slow Cooker Apple Pumpkin Butter
11 hours ago