Thank you Java for hosting once again this week. So great of you to do this for all of us to enjoy!
1. What is your favorite way to eat potatoes?
2. What was the last package that was delivered to your house?
3. What is your favorite scent that you love to smell?
4. Do you smoke?
5. Are your parents married or divorced?
Ok ...here goes...
1. My favorite way to eat potatoes? Wait...I'm trying to get Forrest Gump out of my head for a minute....because I love potatoes. It's kinda like asking who is your favorite friend or which of your children is your favorite. I love potatoes...I love them fried, mashed, baked, Augratin, Potatoe salad, pancakes, you name it....because I'll never hush.
Here is my free recipe to share. I'll warn you...if you make it...you will never go back!
Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic
I love Yukon gold potatoes. They taste so buttery without any butter. Here is my favorite way to prepare them, it is quick and easy and it should be fairly good for you. First, I scrub them then I cut them into about one inch cubes. Place them in a large bowl and give them a generous amount of good olive oil. Fresh rosemary chopped and sprinkled over top and whole cloves of fresh garlic. Salt and pepper and spread onto a baking sheet lined with no stick foil. Give them lots of room to groove otherwise they will just steam and not brown well. Bake in a preheated oven about 425 degrees. Turn once about 30 minutes in. Bake until golden brown. Once you remove them grate fresh Parmesan cheese over top. So yummy it is ridiculous. Goes well with any kind of meat, fish, shrimp etc...sometimes I drizzle a bit of balsamic over mine, I like the acid.
2. The last package delivered to my house was from QVC. I admit it...I'm addicted. They have so many great things at great prices and I love to shop in my nightgown. Let's just say the UPS guy knows me well. I love to order makeup, clothes, household items, jewelry etc....I think the last package (last week) was WEN .... cleansing conditioner...in lavender of course. You guys gotta try this it is great! I just ordered sunglasses today!
3. My favorite scent .... that would have to be lavender. I love the smell of lavender. I also love the smell of fresh basil, rosemary and vanilla. Go figure.
4. Smoke??? Me???? NO WAY!!!! I am soooooo allergic to smoke. When we first married 100 years ago the Hubz did smoke. They say love is blind, deaf and dumb and I guess you can smell either, because I didn't mind it. Thank God, he gave it up about 13 years ago and it's a good thing because the older I get ...the worse my allergy to the smoke gets. Here, in Florida, smoking is banned in restaurants ...thank goodness. I can smell someone smoking out of site at the beach, and I just don't get it. Then I can't breathe for days and I have to use all kinds of steroid nose sprays...yuck... I just feel if you want or choose to do it...respect others that don't want to smoke or smell it.
5. My parents were married until death parted them. As many of you know, I lost my Daddy when I was 22 years old. My Grandparents were also married until death parted them and my Memommie told me that losing my Grandfather was more difficult than losing one of her children. She lost a son at age 3 years old to Whooping cough. She said losing him was like losing a part of herself....that always stuck with me. I remember, packing up her things after her death ... I found a shirt of my Grandfather's in her closet, and a pair of shoes and little outfit belonging to the child she lost. We placed them inside the casket with her. She kept them all these years (about 30) and it only seemed fitting. That really touches my heart.
I wish I had made better decisions regarding marriage when I was younger. I thank God that I am happily married now, and have been for going on 18 years. I wish though I had waited, and never married before and I could say we had been together for 30 years today. I was young and foolish and it cost me and it cost me part of my heart that has taken a very long time to find again. Thank God, I married a very patient man.
Ok....that's it for me. Now I'll go read your answers. Hope you guys have a great week. My camellias are blooming like crazy and I'm going to try and post some pictures on Wordless Wednesday.
Be kind to one another...give someone you love a big hug. Send someone flowers this week. Bake them something, anything to let them know they are special to you.