Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Favorite Things ******Third edition*****




I think every woman has to learn through the years what works and what doesn't for her and her home. I have things that I just so fall in love with. I want to share these items with you all and see if you have used them and if you love them as much as I do or would you consider using them. I am not getting compensated in anyway for this. These are things that work, or perform well out of a sea of others that I have used and been disappointed in. So without further delay here we go.......drum roll.........




1.  Turbie Twist





I love these things, so much so that I pack them when I travel, they make a perfect little gift for that special girlfriend who has everything...put one in with your favorite shampoo, conditioner and hairspray ...and you have a gift any girl would love.  They don't slip. They hold your hair out of your way while you are applying makeup or treatments.  You no longer have to try and balance that huge towel on your head.  The elastic loop holds the twist secure until you are ready to style your hair.  I just love them.  I usually order mine from QVC and I get 6 for about $28 dollars.  Bed Bath and Beyond has them too just not all the fun prints I've found at QVC.  Check them out.

2.  Life Is Good Snuggle Socks



These socks are the best for lounging around the house.  They are so soft and they just cuddle your feet.  I've purchased these for my kids, my Grandchildren and even the Hubz loves his pair.  They are so comfortable and they hold up well. Another good gift idea.  Tuck them in a gift bag with shower gel and lotion.  About $10 dollars.  Sometimes you can find them at TJ Maxx if you are extremely lucky.  Or just order from Lifeisgood.com

3.

Sebastian Shaper Zero Gravity hair spray



I have never liked hair spray.  I know it is a necessary part of life if you are a woman, but it always makes me choke and I feel makes my hair look stiff and like it isn't touchable....until...I found this product.  I used to use the regular Shaper spray and it was OK.... but I love this product. It holds your hair just enough, but it feels light and not sticky at all.  Give it a try, let me know what you think.


Until next time.....

Remember to hug someone too tight.  Be kind to one another.

Carol-the gardener


10 comments:

  1. I can not live without a Turbie Twist; I'll have to try the Snuggle socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Turbie Twist looks intriguing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. turbie twist rock Robin. You'll be hooked. They are so comfortable. Washable. Come in awesome styles/colorss make great gifts. You can put them on if you are deep conditioning etc....i love them.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my turbo twist! I never use hair spray---I messes with my allergies and I never like my hair to be stiff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. never heard of a turbie twist until now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might try that Turbie Twist thing. Hope it is big enough..I have long and really thick hair.

    New follower from the over 40 blog hop.

    www.wyrdings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you will love them...obviously....my hair used to be very long and thick and they worked great! The elastic loop in the back holds the twist of the towel secure while you are doing make up etc....I wish I had invented them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the first two, I will try the hairspray. So far I do not like many!
    I already follow so I am just stopping by to say hello and wish you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use something similar to the twist. I love it. Dries my hair fast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol, I love the twisti turbon too and have several. I've never tried the Sabastian zero gravity hair spray, but have been using the white tall can for centuries! Good stuff! Thanks for sharing on Fresh Clean and Pure/Seasonal Saturday las week! Enjoy your daffodils too!

    ReplyDelete