Who doesn't love spring? Who doesn't love kids? Who doesn't love chocolate? So...really it is that easy for me....I love Easter time. Everything except....plastic grass. I really dislike plastic grass. Have you ever gotten that stuff all over your carpet and the vacuum just eats it up and it wraps around the ...thingy...and you get the picture. Not too crazy about Peeps either but ...they smell good and they are cute.
I think about Thursday I found myself singing every hymn I could remember the words to and when I couldn't remember I hummed along. I smiled remembering the handmade Easter dresses my Grandmother would make for me each year. The smell of new patent leather shoes saved to wear on the big day with lace trimmed socks. All things good. I felt blessed, I feel blessed.
We had a little egg hunt yesterday at our home and we had such a good time with hiding eggs and watching little hands filled with candy and giggles heard everywhere from the finding of the eggs. I wanted to share a few pictures from the day. I hope you all had a great Easter Sunday.
Every week, I try to hop on the Meet Me on Monday train...here we go again, thanks Java for hosting.
1. If you had to eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
2. Do you write your blog posts in advance or the day you post them?
3. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
4. What is your favorite candle scent?
5. Coffee or tea?
1. Cheese...I love cheese!
2. Usually the day I post them. I post what I feel or is interesting to me at the time, I don't plan ahead.
3. Yes, unfortunately. My middle son was in a terrible car accident Labor Day weekend of his Junior year in high school. They had called Life Flight for him and a little girl as well, but due to mechanical problems with the chopper...they couldn't fly. So, we went as fast as we could in an ambulance. People really don't listen and they don't move over either, just to let you know. My job while riding was to keep him talking and awake (he had a gash on his head). So we sang, country songs, you guys know I don't listen to country but somehow God gave me the lyrics. That is a ride I'll never forget. He is fine now...Thank you God.
4. My favorite candle scent is Lavender. I love anything that smells of Lavender.
5. Hmm...if I had to give up one it would be tea. I love both though...I am Southern. I have to have my coffee or I'm not a nice person in the morning.
Have a great week. Be kind to each other...it's free. Speak kindly. Plant something this week, you will be happy that you did.
Spring has sprung here in Florida. Everything has blooms and new leaves. Unfortunately with those new leaves comes aphids, and I have lots of those. Luckily I also have lots and lots of Ladybugs hard at work. Hopefully I won't have to spray or use any other kind of means to control the aphids. The Ladybugs seem to be winning the battle so far. I think I'll give mother nature a chance.
I'm linking up to Fresh, Clean and Pure Friday thank you for hosting Roz and Java at Follow me on Friday.
Remember to be kind to one another. Hug someone you love too tight this weekend. Tell them you love them. Have a great weekend. Go plant something!
Last night, following IDOl, Howie Mandell had an interesting show on by the name of Mobbed. Did anyone else watch this? I can only find a few clips and I am dying to know how what the outcome of the proposal was. Did she say yes? Did she consent to the immediate weddding? Couriosity is killing me.