Sunday, January 30, 2011

Meet me on Monday - Free Recipe


Questions:




1. What do you put on your hot dog?

2. Do you play Sudoku?

3. What is your favorite vegetable?

4. Do you color your hair?

5. What is your favorite brand of clothing?


My Answers:

1.  What do you put on your hot dog?  I do not eat hot dogs at all.  Sorry, but I really dislike them.  I would eat a PBJ or grilled cheese or a tomatoe sandwich before I eat a hot dog.  Never have liked them even as a child.

2.  Do you play Sudoku?  No.  I'm not much for games unless it's Wii :)   I'm not good at video games but they are facinating to me.  I never liked board games as a child, not as an adult either.  I do like to play cards.



3.  What is your favorite vegetable?  I love veggies!  This answer is going to take some thought.  I don't think I can think of a single vegetable I don't really love.  I guess my answer is Asparagus.  I'll even share with you my favorite recipe.  It is so easy and delish!



Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Parmesean


Wash your Asparagus and pat dry.  Toss the Asparagus with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.  Spread the asparagus out on a sheet tray lined with non stick foil.  Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees until tender.  It depends on the thickness of the Asparagus.  When it is tender take it out of the oven and zest one lemon over top of the hot asparagus and sqeeze half the lemon over top.  Now, take your microplane out and grate fresh parmesean over top of the hot asparagus and lemon.  Now it is ready to plate.  Yum!  Let me know if you try it!  Clean up is easy throw away the foil.

4.  Do you color your hair?  Yes, hi lights and low lights.  Once I tried to go closer to my natural darker blonde.  My middle son hated it and said I didn't look like his Mom anymore.  I was blonde as a child and the older I get the darker it seems to be.  It does lighten up a bit in the summer sun.



5.  What is your favorite brand of clothing?  I really don't have one favorite brand.  I like quality but don't shop specific brands.  I switch it all up.  Everything from summer dresses to jeans.  I love Carribean Joe in Summer tops here in Florida.  My next purchase of jeans are going to be Not Your Daughters Jeans.  Does anyone have these?  They look great, I hope they fit great too.

Hope you all have a great week and remember to be kind to each other.

Carol-the gardener

5 comments:

  1. I love the photo you chose for question 4. Thanks for making me smile :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I am not the only one who doesn't like hot dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh - asparagus! My mom used to cook it until it was a putrid shade of green. She once made me sit at the table all night (I slept there) because I wouldn't touch it. She even tried to serve it to me, re-heated, for breakfast. She gave up when lunch rolled around. I haven't tried it since... maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think blonds should stay blonds. My hair has always been too dark to go blond. I'm a new follower of your blog. See you next Monday. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lemon and parmesan on the asparagus??? What a perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete